Social Innovation Lab
The Conestoga College Social Innovation Lab fosters social innovation research that meets the needs of people locally, regionally, and internationally. Our community-based approach to research is undertaken on behalf of and in support of communities, organizations, and change-makers. These partnerships focus on placemaking and developing structures that lead to actions with a societal impact.
Explore a partnership
Want to explore collaborating with the Social Innovation Lab? Fill out the Partnership Form and/or book a meeting with our director.
Who we partner with
We believe that:
- Social innovation is nurtured through fostering environments where teams are empowered to address complex challenges
- Organizational structure consists of both informal and formal rules that can collectively and simultaneously hinder and foster social innovation efforts..
- Action supported by community based applied research fosters social change.
- Impacting people’s lives is the fundamental purpose of social innovation.
- Examines and inspires places where progressive leadership is aroused to take action;
- Uncovers and designs structures of projects, teams, and networks that create effective social change;
- Assists organizations in taking actions to tackle societal problems; and
- Measures and stimulates impacts designed to work towards a socially just society.